Course Reserve Requests and Guidelines
- For the best student experience, please use hard copy reserves only when necessary. Please consider making all required course materials available online.
- If you need assistance acquiring excerpts from books for your Moodle site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- DVDs that are on reserve still circulate. Their loan period is now 24 hours.
- Search for, and view, all current semester course reserves in the library's Discovery Search.
Placing Materials on Reserve:
- A Reserve Request Form is needed for each item.
- Reserve requests for items in the library's collection should be submitted at least one week before they are needed. Reserve items are processed in the order in which they are received.
- Reserve requests need to be submitted and updated each semester.
- For information on adding, or linking, material to your Moodle Course click here.
- Personal copies are no longer being accepted. If you wish to place a book or DVD on course reserve that the library does not own, you can either 1) request that we purchase a copy using the purchase request form, or 2) donate your personal copy to the library.
Copyright Guidelines for Reserve Material:
- U.S. copyright law governs the reproduction of copyrighted materials.
- The Fair Use and Educational Use provisions of copyright law allow materials to be reproduced in many cases. There are cases in which the copyright holder’s permission is required.
- Reproducing electronic material may be limited by copyright law and/or license agreements.
If you have any questions, please contact the Access Services Librarian.