Improving all four language learning skills -- reading, writing, listening & speaking -- will help you acquire the English language with more ease.
- As you become more comfortable with these skills you will develop more confidence in your abilities to use English in different situations.
- Take your time, vary your activities, and remember to take breaks! Aboveall, have fun! Learning a language should always be enjoyable!
- Remember to allow time to use your home language periodically. You will feel renergized afterwards!
The following web sites provide activities in using the four language learning skills: reading, writing, listening & speaking:
- Easy World English: Grammar, reading, and pronunciation practice with a picture dictionary
- English Central: Listening & pronunciation practice to increase vocabulary while viewing interesting videos
- English-Guide.org: A guide to grammar, listening, & vocabulary exercises around the Internet
- Everyday Life from GCF: Interactive lessons allowing students to experience everyday challenges & gain practical use of English
- EnglishClub: Vocabulary, grammar, idioms, pronunciation, listening, & reading
- EnglishPage: Vocabulary, grammar, listening, & reading exercises with tutorials
- Free English Study: Listening, speaking, reading, writing, grammar, & vocabulary exercises
- TV411.org: Reading, writing, & vocabulary practice, as well as math, science, & finance practice